Saturday, June 12, 2010

US - England prediction

Writing this just minutes before they kick off.

Alexi Lalas is nuts and predicted the awful Greeks to advance to the second round. He just called 2-1 to the Yanks. I wish. I'd love to see a draw, but I think England is too talented. Remember, this is a team that didn't seem to have any chemistry problems as they coasted through qualifying. Capello is about as tactically shrewd as they come, and England will be ready to exploit US weaknesses, of which there are many (3/4 of the backline, holding midfield, possession play in the final third).

England 2, USA 0. I don't want to see it happen but I think it will.

The key is for the US to make it to the thirty minute mark scoreless. No early goals allowed. I'll also wager that Bradley gets second guessed on this Onyewu-DeMerit partnership, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment