Thursday, September 17, 2009

Revisiting: Grandaddy

Grandaddy were one of my quintessential listens during college -- I picked up their penultimate LP, the remarkably consistent Sumday, on my drive down to Bonnaroo in Tennessee the summer after my sophomore year. There's not a bad cut in the bunch, and after losing my copy for a few years I bought it again at a yard sale some GW frat was having (kids these days...no respect for the classics). One great thing about them was that their we're-all-automatons-paranoia suited itself pretty well to the music video, and they put out a couple that are well worth a view if you've never seen them. In ten years, maybe splitting the difference between the Flaming Lips and Radiohead means they age rather less well (though can you really say the Lips are ageing well these days?), but I think they'll still have half a dozen tunes that merit revisiting.

Check 'em out:

"Now It's On"


"The Crystal Lake", dedicated to Ben and Claire Phillips

1 comment:

  1. Check it

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112973444#tracks

    ReplyDelete